Essex Power strives to be a good corporate neighbour to the communities we service and we are constantly looking at more ways in which to participate. Currently, we are involved in the following:
- We provide over $20,000 in-kind services to the four communities we currently service; this money is used towards the sponsorship of local festivals, parades, teams, organizations, schools, and non-profits.
- We are actively involved in the business community, and belong to each of the Chambers of Commerce of our four municipal owners.
- We were pleased to receive the Leamington Chamber of Commerce Above and Beyond award in 2007
- We sponsor Drug & Alcohol Awareness Campaigns geared towards youth for the Leamington Police Association and Ontario Provincial Police.
- We participate in the ‘Keep the Heat Program’ with the Unemployed Help Centre in Windsor to help Essex Power customers who are unable to pay high bills during the winter heating season.
- Our employees collect funds each year for a needy family at an area school.
- Our employees initiated and the company endorsed the sponsorship of a boat in the 2007 Dragon Boat Races (for Breast Cancer) where our employees raised over $13,000 – this was one of the highest corporate donations. Our employeespracticed and raced on their own time.