On July 18, Essex Powerlines customers in LaSalle experienced an outage that began at 2:39 a.m. The outage was due to damage infrastructure equipment (blown lightening arrestor) and our crews worked diligently and power was restored at 6:15 a.m.
Later in the evening, LaSalle customers experienced multiple momentary power faults (Auto Recloser). After investigation this was due to Hydro One restoring power to a different service territory.
As we fully understand the inconvenience and frustrations prolonged and/or momentary outages can cause, we endeavor to undertake all due diligence with respect to ensuring reliable and safe power to the communities we service.
Our team has therefore implemented the following action plan:
- Immediate re-direction of tree trimming services in LaSalle. Starting at Turkey Creek on Front Rd. and working south, we have therefore prioritized the area experiencing momentary faults.
- We have also engaged a third-party to immediately undertake infrared inspections of the subject matter Feeder/area in order to identify any potential hotspots which may be the source of the momentary faults.
- Additional installation of animal guards in high probability animal contact areas
- Immediate review of Reclosure thresholds in order to ensure settings are reasonable and consistent
- Immediate engagement of Hydro One with respect to shared Feeders
- Daily visual inspections/patrols of the subject matter feeder in order to identify potential sources of areas where faults could occur
We appreciate your patience as we address your questions and concerns.
Essex Powerlines Corporation